These employers were recognized by the Top Workplaces 2018 employee survey conducted by Energage, working in partnership with IndyStar. For more information, go to IndyStar.com.
Top large companies
1. Keller Williams Indy Metro
2. Crew Carwash
4. Monarch Beverage
5. Charles Schwab
6. Ricker Oil
7. Fifth Third Bank
10. White Castle
12. Witham Health Services
13. Clark-Pleasant Community Schools
14. Protective Insurance
15. Freedom Mortgage
Top midsize companies
1. Van Rooy
2. Insights Consulting
3. Royal United Mortgage
4. First Internet Bank
5. BSA LifeStructures
6. Crowe Horwath
7. Tendercare Home Health Service
8. Opportunities for Positive Growth
9. Northwestern Mutual
11. Dauby O’Connor & Zaleski
12. Key Benefit Administrators
13. Bose McKinney & Evans
14. Fusion Alliance
15. Indiana Members Credit Union
16. Taft Stettinius & Hollister
17. Edwards Electrical & Mechanical
18. Orchard Software Corp.
19. Bill Estes Automotive Group
20. Renewal by Andersen of Indiana
21. Seven Corners
22. Williams Comfort Air
23. DWA Healthcare Communications Group
24. MOBI Wireless Management
25. Reynolds Farm Equipment
1. Vaco Indianapolis
2. Hare Honda
3. Bailey and Wood Financial Group
5. BGBC Partners
6. Terry Lee Hyundai
7. Covenant Christian High School
8. Software Engineering Professionals
9. Dawes Fretzin Dermatology Group
10. Express Employment Professionals
11. Integration Partners
13. R&R Plumbing
14. Scopelitis Garvin Light Hanson & Feary
15. Blue Horseshoe
16. Peterman Heating Cooling & Plumbing
17. Hensley Legal Group
18. Chapman Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing
21. American Income Life — Indiana
22. Student Connections
23. Indiana Donor Network
24. Meyer Najem
26. One Click Ventures
27. Central Restaurant Products
28. Towne Park Ltd.
30. PITT OHIO
31. MS Inspection & Logistics
32. Lewis Wagner
33. Quality Mill Supply
34. Nelbud Services Group
35. Knowledge Services
36. Mister Quik Home Services
37. Johnson Melloh
38. First Databank
40. Northview Church
41. NOW Courier
42. Manheim Indianapolis
43. Haggard & Stocking Associates
44. Indiana Health Information Exchange
46. Engaging Solutions
47. Arbor Homes
48. Total Quality Logistics
49. Unique Home Solutions
How we compiled our rankings: Behind the Top Workplaces 2018 survey
These awards were based on standout scores for specific survey statements. Employees rated criteria — such as “I have confidence in the leadership of this company” — on a seven-point scale from strongly disagree to strongly agree.
Criteria: I have confidence in the leadership of my company.
Large: Billy Schaming, Crew Carwash
Midsize: David Becker, First Internet Bank
Small: Terry Lee, Hare Honda
Criteria: I believe this company is going in the right direction.
Winner: Van Rooy Cos.
Criteria: My manager helps me learn and grow. My manager makes it easier to do my job well. My manager cares about my concerns.
Winner: Keller Williams Indy Metro
Criteria: New ideas are encouraged at this company.
Winner: Vaco Indianapolis
Criteria: At this company, we do things efficiently and well.
Winner: Royal United Mortgage
Criteria: My job makes me feel as I am part of something meaningful.
Winner: Indiana Donor Network
Criteria: This company operates by strong values and ethics.
Winner: Charles Schwab
CLUED-IN SENIOR MANAGEMENT
Criteria: Senior managers understand what is really happening at this company.
Winner: Insights Consulting
Criteria: I feel well-informed about important decisions at this company.
Criteria: I feel genuinely appreciated at this company.
Winner: Opportunities for Positive Growth
Criteria: I have the flexibility I need to balance my work and personal life.
Winner: BSA LifeStructures
Criteria: I get the formal training I want for my career.
Criteria: My benefits package is good compared to others in this industry.
Winner: Blue Horsehoe
Read the original article from the Indy Star here.