RQAW Corporation is currently seeking a mid to senior level environmental professional to join our Fishers, IN office. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join our team of outstanding professionals. The individual will perform work associated with Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) regulations, federal 404/401 permitting (which includes all aspects of delineation, mitigation and monitoring) and all aspects of NEPA regulations. The individual must have the ability to manage and mentor environmental staff.
- Conduct soil, hydrology and vegetation inventory, species assessments and surveys and plant
- Lead and manage various state, federal, and local regulatory permit application processes, such as Section 404/401, Floodway and Rule 5 Erosion and Sediment Control
- Complete post permit compliance monitoring
- Document and summarize results of field investigations and analyses
- Lead land surveys and design efforts of ecological restoration projects.
- Provide client and regulatory agency coordination.
- Perform technical work and develop project execution strategies.
- Evaluate site conditions and select wetlands identification, mitigation and regulatory approval strategies.
- Maintain primary focus on executing project activities with client and project team and coordinating with regulatory agencies.
- Oversee Environmental Scientists’ work in field investigations and permit application preparation.
- Assist in preparation of scopes of work, fee proposals, and responses to RFP’s, including teaming arrangements and attending and presenting at project/contract interviews. Complete NEPA documents.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and familiarity with AutoCAD and/or
MicroStation, ArcMap, and/or other GIS programs
- Bachelor’s degree in natural resource management, environmental or natural science, biology, planning, ecology, or a related field, plus 8+ years of experience with essential functions and responsibilities as outlined above
- Professional Certifications (e.g., Professional Wetland Scientist, Certified Wetland Delineator, NEPA, etc.) including local professional certifications in Indiana preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Regular field work in a variety of seasonal conditions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Local and occasional statewide travel is required for position